Colonel Gregory M. Moseley is the Commander, 325th Fighter Wing, Air Combat Command, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. The Fighter Wing trains and prepares F-22 Raptor pilots, intelligence officers, and maintainers for worldwide assignment to combat Air Force units. The 325th Fighter Wing flies F-22 Raptor and T-38 Talon aircraft and sustains ready forces for worldwide deployment in support of combat operations.
As the installation commander, Colonel Moseley supports the 23,000 Airmen, civilians, contractors, and families who call Tyndall AFB home. The 325th Fighter Wing hosts 19 tenant units from multiple Major Commands and across several military mission sets. These supported mission partners include First Air Force (Air Forces Northern), the 601st Air Operations Center, the 53rd Weapons Evaluation Group, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, the 337th Air Control Squadron, and Silver Flag.
Colonel Moseley received his Bachelor of Arts degree and commission from Virginia Military Institute in 1998. He is a command pilot with 3,200 flying hours in F-15B/C/D Eagle, F-16C/D Falcon and F-22A Raptor fighter aircraft. Colonel Moseley has served on a variety of non-flying operational, educational, and staff assignments. He is a graduate of U.S. Air Force Weapons School, served as the Commander, United States Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, served as the Executive Officer to the Commander of Air Combat Command, commanded the 1st Operations Group and was the Assistant Deputy Director for Asia J-5 on the Joint Staff.
1998 Bachelor of Arts, History, Virginia Military Institute, Lexington, Va.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2006 USAF Weapons School Instructor Course, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2010 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Master of Business Administration, Trident University, Cypress, Cailf.
2011 U.S. Army Command and General's Staff College, Leavenworth, Kan.
2014 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2015 NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
1. September 1998 - March 1999, Plans and Special Projects officer, 74 Air Control Squadron, Langley Air
Force Base, Va.
2. April 1999 - April 2000, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Vance AFB, Okla.
3. May 2000 - August 2000, Student, Introduction to Fighter Fundamentals, Columbus AFB, Miss.
4. September 2000 - April 2001, F-15C Student Pilot, 1 Fighter Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
5. May 2001 - December 2003, F-15C Instructor Pilot, 58 FS, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. January 2003 - December 2005, F-15C Instructor/Evaluator Pilot, Flight Commander, 19 FS, Elmendorf
7. January 2006 - July 2006, Student, F-15 Weapons Instructor Course, 433 Weapons Squadron, Nellis AFB,
8. August 2006 - February 2008, F-15C Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 390 FS, Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
9. March 2008 - June 2008, F-22A Student Pilot, 43 FS, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
10. July 2008 - June 2009, F-22A Chief of Weapons and Tactics, 43 FS, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
11. July 2009 - June 2010, Director of Operations, 43 FS, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
12. July 2010 - June 2011, Student, U.S. Army Command and General Staff, Fort Leavenworth, Kan.
13. July 2011 - December 2011, F-16 Student Pilot, Luke AFB, Ariz.
14. January 2012 - January 2015, Commander, USAF Air Demonstration Squadron, Nellis AFB, Nev.
15. February 2015 - July 2015, Student, NATO Defense College, Rome, Italy
16. August 2015 - May 2016, Executive Officer to Commander, Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-
17. June 2016 - June 2018, Commander, 1st Operations Group, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
18. July 2018 - June 2020, Assistant Deputy Director Asia, J-5 Joint Staff, Washington D.C.
19. June 2020 - Commander, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
Rating: command pilot
Flight Hours: more than 3,200 with 56 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: F-15B/C/D, F-16C/D and F-22A
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf clusters
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Combat Readiness Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
(Current as of July 15, 2020)