Colonel Christopher Peters serves as the 325th Fighter Wing Vice Commander at Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida. The fighter wing trains and prepares F-22 Raptor pilots, intelligence officers, and maintainers for worldwide assignment to combat Air Force units. The 325th Fighter Wing flies F-22 and T-38 aircraft and sustains ready forces for worldwide deployment in support of combat operations.
As the Installation Vice Commander, Colonel Peters supports the Commander in leading the 23,000 Airmen, civilians, contractors, and families who call Tyndall AFB home. The 325th Fighter Wing hosts 19 tenant units from multiple Major Commands. These supported mission partners include the 1st Air Force, the 601st Air Operations Center, the 53d Weapons Evaluation Group, the Air Force Civil Engineer Center, the 337th Air Control Squadron, the Program Management Office, and the 823d RED HORSE Squadron, Detachment 1 (SILVER FLAG).
Col Peters earned his commission from the United States Air Force Academy in 1998. He has deployed in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, NEW DAWN and others. As the 391st Expeditionary Fighter Squadron Director of Operations, Col Peters was responsible for standing up the USAF fighter mission in Djibouti, Africa.
Colonel Peters is a Command Pilot with over 3,000 hours including over 290 combat hours.
1998 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Master of Science in Business Administration, University of Maryland, Md.
2010 Master of Science in Military Operational Art, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Air War College, by correspondence
2018 Master of Science in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces-Eisenhower School, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. July 1998 – July 1999, Plans Officer, 60th Communications Squadron, Travis Air Force Base, Calif.
2. July 1999 – February 2004, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
3. July 2001 – February 2004, T-38 Instructor Pilot, 50th Flying Training Squadron, Columbus Air Force Base, Miss.
4. February 2004 – November 2004, Student F-15E, 334th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C.
5. November 2004 – December 2006, Flight Commander, F-15E Pilot, 335th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, N.C.
6. December 2006 – July 2008, Aide-de-camp, Headquarters 8th Air Force, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
7. July 2008 – Aug 2009, Chief Strategic Guidance Division, 608th Air Operations Center, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
8. Aug 2009 – Oct 2010, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
9. Oct 2010 – June 2013, Assistant Director of Operations then Wing Chief of Safety, 366th Fighter Wing, Mountain Home Air Force Base, Idaho
10. June 2013 – April 2015, Operations Officer, 47 OSS, Operations Officer, 87th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
11. April 2015 – July 2017, Commander, 87th Flying Training Squadron, Laughlin Air Force Base, Texas
12. July2017 – July 2018, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces-Eisenhower School, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
13. July 2018 – July 2020, Command Center Director, HQ NORAD/USNORTHCOM, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
14. July 2020 – Present, Vice Commander, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
July 2018- June 2020, Command Center Director, NORAD & USNORTHCOM, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo., as a Colonel
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: 3,000 with 290 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: F-15E, T-37, T-38, AT-38B
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 27 May 1998
First Lieutenant 27 May 2000
Captain 27 May 2002
Major 1 November 2007
Lieutenant Colonel 1 October 2012
Colonel 1 January 2019
(Current as of August 6, 2020)