by 2nd Lt. Andrea Valencia
325th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
8/25/2012 - TYNDALL ARI FORCE BASE, Fla. -- The base has activated HURCON 3 to give servicememebers and their families adequate time to prepare for and counter the possible effects of Tropical Storm Isaac. This level predicts there the arrival of 58-mph winds within a few days.
The following preparations should be started:
· Ensure you have completed all steps/precautions listed for HURCON 4.
· Secure any loose items and harden or cover all windows at home with plywood if there are no shutters.
· Have a communication plan established that will allow for a constant communication channel with friends and family.
· Fuel all vehicles. Keep at least half a tank of fuel in vehicles at all times even if no hurricane is due.
· Ensure to have adequate cash on hand.
· Ensure disaster supply kit is well stocked with food, water, batteries, toiletries and clothing.
· Gather important documents or place in a fire/waterproof location.
· Have a plan for family members with special medical needs and pets.