The 325th Medical Group staff operates as an outpatient medical facility with family practice, pediatrics, dental, flight medicine and women's health clinics. The clinics are supported by outstanding ancillary services, including radiology, with extensive capabilities like CT scanning, and a clinical laboratory providing a wide variety of testing services. The group also offers a clinical pharmacy, nutritional medicine programs, and essential base support services such as public health, bioenvironmental engineering and aerospace physiology.
The 325th MG is fully accredited by numerous professional organizations, including the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC). Accreditation by AAAHC indicates the clinic meets or exceeds rigorous nationals standards used to measure excellence in medical care.
The 325th MG was activated Sept. 30, 1941 at Camp Lee, Va., as the Medical Detachment for Tyndall Field. It was then moved to Eglin Field, Fla., and transferred to Tyndall Field on Oct. 2, 1941.
On March 5, 1942, the hospital building was completed and officially activated. The Medical Detachment became the 4756th U.S. Air Force Hospital on July 1, 1957. The present clinic building had its groundbreaking ceremony in June 1965. On May 18, 1967, it was formally dedicated with Florida Congressman Robert Sikes in attendance.
The 4756th U.S. Air Force Hospital became the U.S. Air Force Hospital Tyndall on Jan. 1, 1968. The U.S. Air Force Hospital Tyndall was officially redesignated as the 325th Medical Group under Tactical Air Command on March 15, 1987, and on July 1, 1993 it was reassigned to Air Education and Training Command.
On Oct. 1, 1999 the Tyndall Hospital transitioned into an outpatient ambulatory clinic.
On Oct. 1, 2012 the 325th FW and the 325th MDG was reassigned to Air Combat Command.
Col. Steven W. Lehr