Tyndall upgrades to HURCON 2 status
325th Fighter Wing Public Affairs
/ Published October 09, 2018
TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. --
As a result of Hurricane Michael, Tyndall Air Force Base officials have moved to condition level HURCON 2. This warning level means the hurricane has become a potential threat to Tyndall with destructive winds anticipated within 24 hours.
Tyndall personnel and their family members should take the following steps:
1. Ensure you have completed steps/precautions listed for HURCON 3 and 4.
2. Monitor weather stations.
3. Finish preparations for storm.
4. Secure home and belongings.
5. Follow evacuation orders from base and local authorities.
For more information on hurricane conditions and guidelines please check the hurricane page on the official Tyndall website at http://www.tyndall.af.mil/Hurricane/
or the Tyndall Straight Talk Line at 1-478-222-0011. Information on this line is updated as HURCON levels and instructions change.